- Nov 01, 2012 - Dec 25, 2012
- The Food Bank for Monterey County's 20th Annual Holiday Food Drive
- Dec 06, 2013
- Carmel Plaza Holiday Open House 5pm - 7pm
- Nov 21, 2013
- Monthly Networking Mixer- Celebrate the Harvest @ Rabobank
- Nov 26, 2013
- 5th Annual "A Tree for Peace" Dedication and Lighting Ceremony
The Food Bank for Monterey County
The Food Bank for Monterey County, a certified Feeding America food bank, is the largest supplier of emergency food in Monterey County. We distribute 6 million pounds of food annually.
The national image of our area is one of wealth and beauty. Yet poverty and food insecurity exist in the “Salad Bowl of the World.”
The challenge is great and we strive to meet it on a daily basis.
Latest Newsletter Posted
Read our latest newsletter now (Updated March, 2013)
Many Thanks to All Our Supporters!
This Holiday, the Greatest Gift You Can Give is Hope
For most of us, the holidays are a time of joy and celebration. For 1 in 5 in Monterey County who are struggling with hunger, it’s often a time of pain and sadness. With your help, we can deliver food – and hope for a brighter future – to the men, women and children who need it most this holiday season. At the Food Bank for Monterey County, we fight hunger 365 days a year. However, it’s especially critical to reach out to more people during the holidays when the need is particularly acute. In the cold, winter months, the cost to stay warm is a cruel hardship for many families. 90,000 of our Monterey County neighbors look to the Food Bank for help-over half of them are children. That’s why it’s so important that we work together to make sure everyone has enough to eat this holiday season. Look for our holiday mailings. There are many ways to help. Thank you in advance for giving generously!
Hunger in America
HUNGER IS EPIDEMIC IN MONTEREY COUNTY
ONE-FIFTH OF POPULATION RECEIVES FOOD ASSISTANCE
FOOD BANK FOR MONTEREY COUNTY
NOW SERVES 88,700 DIFFERENT
MONTEREY COUNTY RESIDENTS ANNUALLY
According to the study results released from “Hunger in America 2010,” an estimated 88,700 different people are now served annually by the Food Bank for Monterey County—one-fifth of Monterey County’s population. Every week the Food Bank serves approximately 10,800 people. The last hunger study, conducted in 2005, reported 55,300 different people served annually and 4,900 weekly.
- Community Produce Program: Realities from the Frontlines
- 3 Ways to be #Unselfie on #GivingTuesday
- Focused on Food │ By Hope Pascoe
- Together We Can Advocate to Protect SNAP: Farm Bill Negotiations Heat Up
- 2013 Annual Report: Solving Hunger Together
- The Show-Me State
- Kid’s Farmers Market │ Foodbank of Santa Barbara County
- Home Is Really Where the Heart Is │ Mya Price
- Can Food Banks Make Up for the Millions Lost in SNAP Benefit Cuts?
- My Experience with Lambda Chi Alpha and Feeding America by Austin Craft
2013 Holiday Sponsors
A big thank you to our official 2013 Holiday Food & Fund Drive Sponsors
Food Ambassador Sponsors
Food Champion Sponsors
Food Bank Awards
The Food Bank for Monterey County has won a Business Excellence Award in the nonprofit category in Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce's 26th Annual Business Excellence Awards! Click here to view the winners.
Thank you to all who honored us with your vote!
Here are just a few ways you can help end hunger in your community.
The Emergency Food Assistance Program is the Food Bank’s largest supplemental food program.
The Family Market is the Food Bank’s produce-based direct distribution program.
The Agency Clearinghouse supplies food to nearly 90 other Monterey County nonprofit agencies.